by Sarah Leanne Rose
You didn't think I'd miss out on the chance to create some of these little fellas now did you?
After several attempts I've got a wonderful recipe for gingerbread men.
These ️merry men are delightful with hot winter drink or perfect for leaving out for the big man himself!
So go and get your bake on to practice before the big day arrives, you will end up with more gifts underneath your tree with a plate of these for him to tuck in to.
- 260g flour (some extra for rolling)
- 80g mejdool dates
- 50g honey or maple syrup
- 1 medium egg
- 50ml melted coconut oil (around 40g)
- 50ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
You will also need greaseproof paper
- Begin by mixing together all of the dry ingredients, making sure the dates are chopped up finely before adding to the bowl.
- Next thoroughly mix all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, for around 1 minute.
- Add wet to dry, stirring gently until it forms a soft dough. If mix is looking dry add in more milk at 25ml each time until it is the right consistency.
- Take two sheets of greaseproof paper and roll dough out between them both, around 2cm thick.
- Put rolled dough in the fridge for an hour.
- Once the hour is up, pre-heat oven to Gas 4, 180C.
- Remove from fridge, taking the top sheet off.
- Cut out the little men, placing them onto a non-stick tray or greaseproof paper, ready to go in the oven.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes, or enough to give the biscuits a wonderful golden colour.
- Place the gingerbread men on a cool rack for at least 10 minutes, so they have chance to retain a crispy crumble!
If you'd like your recipe publishing by ZAAZEElife then please email us email@example.com!
Looking forward to hearing you. Have a wonderful Christmas x